At Pan American Properties, we strive to do things differently. Our service approach begins with a commitment to relationships. We want our clients to always feel we are taking care of their needs throughout our engagement. Our specialized onboarding process is a key part of that promise. Built over decades of experience, our onboarding protocols ensure that we are continually exceeding the requirements of our property owners and their residents and commercial tenants right from the start.
Onboarding begins with homework
Before we sign a contract with a client, we study the property and the client’s objectives to verify that we are the right fit for the property owner’s objectives and the asset itself. This includes determining whether or not we have the structure in place to handle the clients’ needs, with regional personnel in place to support the property.
Sometimes, we’re not the right fit. When that happens, we enjoy helping the property owner find another management company through our network of trusted colleagues.
The steps of getting started
Once we determine that Pan American can effectively address the client’s needs, we start the official onboarding process. With over 100 years of experience, we have come up with a checklist of more than 100 items to ensure we’re covering our bases from the very beginning. The hardest part of this entire process is ensuring that our spreadsheet is always up to date!
Our engagement with a new client or a new property typically goes as follows:
- The contract is signed, and it goes to a key team member who will manage the details of the engagement.
- We prepare a welcome letter that provides the client with an easy-to-follow checklist of the steps we’ll need to follow to get up to speed.
- We gather all the important documents associated with the property, like leases and utility bills, and thoroughly analyze them to ensure no important details are missed.
- After all this, we meet with owner to discuss strategy for the asset. This is also the time when we dig deep into the client’s plans, motivations, and goals for the engagement. Some owners want to be heavily involved with the entire property management process. Others just want us to handle everything. No matter your preferences, we’ll accommodate your requirements.
- We’ll also take the time to meet with the tenants and walk them through items like where to mail rent, how to request maintenance, and other standard procedures. Everyone associated with the property will eventually get to meet someone from our team.
- We then—step-by-step—work through our checklist to determine that we don’t miss anything.
Whenever we assume management responsibilities at a property we typically have plenty of work to do straight away. We’ll ensure that any outstanding maintenance requests and deferred items get taken care of as soon as possible. We won’t miss any details. In fact, it’s our goal to always be proactive. For example, we deliver financial reports immediately, not just waiting until after the first quarter is complete.
Few firms in the property management industry use an onboarding process as regimented as ours. We leverage the same checklist no matter what type of client it is—residential, commercial or industrial. This ensures consistency for both us and the clients.
What sets Pan American apart
Many people believe that one property management company is just like the other. And, sadly, in many cases that is true. But at Pan American, we provide a personalized experience from day one. A lot of property owners that have had poor experiences in the past come to us because they know that we’ll take the time to truly understand their needs and provide them with the right services and care.
If you’re new to property management, that’s also a big stressor. We put a premium on guiding you and providing a sense of calm throughout the onboarding and management processes. While we may have all the technology and talent required to act like a big company, we make it a point never to just treat our customers like another number. It’s our goal to make property management more personalized. In fact, we have a lot of bigger firms send their smaller properties to us because we treat them so well.
Get started with Pan American
At Pan American Properties, we work closely with our clients to ensure that they have a comprehensive management strategy—for both the current and future challenges. With our proven systems, you know that your investment objectives and property needs are always exceeded. We manage all types of properties, including multifamily residential, retail, commercial and light industrial. And we provide sophisticated financial advice to empower our clients to unlock the full potential of their assets.
Don’t just leave your property to a company that will treat you like just another client. Learn why we’re different today. To talk about your current property management needs, give us a call at (888) 754-9700, or send us an email at email@example.com to get started.